Allegro Music Together offers 2 class types: Lullaby for newborns-9 months, and Mixed Ages for 0-4+ years
At what age should I start class with my baby? Now! Babies learn music the way they learn language; by being immersed in it. Just as it is never too early to start talking to your baby, it is never too early to start singing with your baby.
Lullaby provides new-ish moms to gather and "sing, dance, play, and learn" musically with their 0-9 month infant.
$15 tuition includes 2 classes, a gift card of 20 Music Together® Lullabies to download, a booklet Babies in Music Together, an egg shaker, a community of new parents, & more! Contact Sally to enroll.
Mixed Ages Class
This is the essential Music Together® class, one that a child can attend from birth through age five—and through all twelve song collections. This basic class follows the recommendations of child development researchers, grouping children of a variety of ages in one class. This approach fosters natural, family-style learning where younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together.
Music Together Classes
- Fully trained, registered Music Together teachers lead groups of six to twelve children and their parents or caregivers (nannies, babysitters, grandparents, or relatives) in forty-five minutes of music and movement experiences.
- Each weekly class offers a dozen songs and rhythmic rhymes, including fingerplays, small- and large-movement activities, and instrument play.
- Children and their adults have opportunities to create and improvise—making up new words to songs, offering movement ideas, making silly sounds, and sharing musical ideas from the family's play at home.
- The relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented classroom setting respects and supports the unique learning styles, developmental levels, and temperaments of all participants, creating a strong sense of community.
- Each semester families receive a new CD and a digital access code, along with an illustrated songbook that’s filled with music-making ideas for spontaneous music play beyond the weekly classes.
- NEW Families in Mixed Ages Class receive the booklet Music and Your Child, a guide for parents and caregivers.